If you want to close your bank account then you can do it. But there is a proper way to do it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Argentine Federal Savings account.
The process is very simple and you can make it more simple by preparing your account to be closed. In this process, there are two things that you have to take care of.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. This is because you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in the account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those before approaching the bank. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues.
The next thing that is the second thing is. You have to move all your automatic payment mandates and the direct deposits to your alternative bank account.
If you don’t do this then all your payments will start failing once your account is closed. So to avoid this you can set up the payments with your alternative account.
Steps to Close Argentine Federal Savings Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then you can follow this linked guide.
- Find out where is the nearest branch of Argentine Federal Savings near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
The bank might ask you to pay the account closing charges if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. If you need more help in this regard then you can contact the bank for that.