If you have a bank account that you don’t want to use anymore. Then you can close it, closing the unused account is always better than keep it idle. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Alpine Capital Bank account.
Alpine Capital Bank is a banking company that operates in the New York City of the United States of America. This bank is famous for the private banking services it offers to its clients.
But if you wish to close the account you have with this bank. Then you can do it. I do not recommend you to close it online. Instead, follow the offline method that is explained below.
But before approach the bank and ask it to close your account. There are two things which should be taken care of by you. Let us learn what they are first. And then we will learn the steps to be followed by you.
You have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear all of those.
And the next thing is you will have to cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits. If you don’t do it then your payments will start failing once the account is closed.
To avoid any issues with the payments. You can move all your payments to your alternative bank account. And it is completely your duty to save the payments from failing and not that of the bank.
Steps to Close Alpine Capital Bank Account
If you have an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in the case of a joint account, follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Alpine Capital Bank near you.
- Take your documents with you. (passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document)
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want more information, then you can get it by contacting the bank. You can reach the bank by calling customer service and by using the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.alpinecapitalbank.com
- Phone Number: (212) 328-2555
The bank can not stop you from closing your account if you follow all the terms and conditions. But you also should keep it in mind. If you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.