There are so many reasons that might force a customer to close a bank account. No matter what is your reason. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Alma Bank account.
Before you start with the process there are two things that you need to take care of. The first thing is you will have to check your account balance.
You have to make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balances in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
The second thing is you will have to take care of your automatic payments and the direct deposits. This is important to take care of. Because the payments and deposits will start failing once your account is closed by the bank.
So to avoid failure. You can set up your automatic payments and direct deposits with your alternative bank account. (any of your other bank account)
Steps to Close Alma Bank Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Alma Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
Other than these things. You should also keep in mind that the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges if you are closing the account within one year of opening it.