Closing any bank account is really very easy. But still, people feel it is a difficult task. That is because they don’t know the exact steps to be followed. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Allied First Bank account.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. There are two things to be taken care of. Let us first learn those two and then proceed with the steps.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account. In case if you have any. Then you will have to clear those.
The second thing to keep in mind is. Once Allied First Bank closes your account all your payments and deposits will start failing.
So to avoid it you can move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. Keep in mind the bank will not do it for you. This is completely your responsibility.
Steps to Close Allied First Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then follow the steps explained below. But in case if you have a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Allied First Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and an identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details to them and show your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
When you approach the bank to close an account there will be some amount of resistance from the officials. But they can not stop you from closing the account.