Do you want to close your Abington Bank account don’t know how to do it? Well, don’t worry I have got you covered. In this guide, I will tell you the process by following which you can close the account.
The process is easy actually very easy if you know the steps. Before you reach the bank and request it to close the account. You need to prepare it to be closed.
The first thing is to ensure that your account balance is just right to be closed. That is there should be no negative balance or pending dues in the account.
The bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues. It is just not Abington Bank. But most of the banks in the USA require the balance to be cleared before the account can be closed.
The second thing is you will have to take care of your automatic payments and the direct deposits. You have to cancel all the payments.
And set them up with your alternative bank account. This is a very important step and this will help you ensure that your payments are running even after your account is closed.
If you already have an alternative account that you are good to go. But in case if you don’t have one. Then I recommend you open a new account before you close your existing bank account.
There are so many banks to choose from in the USA. So in case if you are confused about your next bank. Then you can refer to this list of questions.
Steps to Close Abington Bank Account
If you have an individual account with the bank then follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest location of Abington Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank official and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is the offline process of closing the account. If you want to close the account online. Then I recommend you to contact the bank directly.