Abbeville First Bank is a full-service community bank that offers service in multiple parts of the USA. If you have an account with this bank and want to close it. Then in this guide, I will tell you the complete process that you have to follow to close Abbeville First Bank account.
I have not explained any online method in this guide. What I have explained is an offline method with an amazing success rate. This method works not only for the customers of the Abbeville First Bank. But also works for the customers of most of the banks in the USA.
So when we are talking about the offline method. But obviously refers to either contacting the bank over the call or personally visiting the branch. But before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. You will have to prepare the account to be closed.
There are two steps in the process of preparing your account. The first step is to check the balance that you have in your account. If you find any negative balance or pending dues in the account. Then you will have to clear those because unless you clear those. The bank will not allow you to close the account.
The second thing is you need to take care of your automatic payments and direct deposits. Once Abbeville First Bank closes your account. All your payments will start failing. So to make sure all your payments are running without any issues. You need to set them up with your alternative bank account.
If you already have an alternative account then directly jump to the process below. But in case if you don’t have. Then I recommend you open one with any of the banks before you close your existing account. This will help you in a smooth transition from the old to the new account.
Steps to Close Abbeville First Bank Account
Follow the below-given instructions if you want to close your individual account. But in case if you want to close a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Abbeville First Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Empty your account by making the balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
The bank will start the process of closing your account once you submit the application form. Other than these things you should also keep in mind. That if you are closing the account within 1 year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.