If you have decided to close your bank account then let me tell you that you have all the rights to do it. But you will have to follow a proper process to do it. In this guide, we will discover how you can close 1st United Bank account.
I don’t recommend you close the account online. And that is the reason why I have explained an offline method in this guide.
This method not only works for the customers to 1st United Bank. But also works for the customers of most of the banks in the United States of America.
When we are talking about the offline method to close the account. We are talking about visiting the branch of the bank personally.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. You will have to take care of two things regarding your bank account.
The first thing is you will have to check your account balance and make sure that there is no negative balance. If you have any kind of dues pending then get those cleared.
The second thing is you will have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This is important to make sure that all your payments are up and running.
Steps to Close 1st United Bank Account
If you have an individual account with the 1st United Bank. Then you can follow this guide. But in case if you have a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of 1st United Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
If you want to close the account online then you can contact the bank for that. And you should also keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.