If you have a bank account and have decided to close it. Then there might be your own personal or professional reason to do it. No matter why you have taken this decision. I will help you out with the process to close 1st Trust Bank account.
The process remains very simple and straightforward. But there are two things you need to do before you approach the bank and request it to close the account.
The first thing is about the balance that you have maintained in your account. You have to make sure that there is no negative balance in the account.
In case if you have any kind of dues pending or negative balance. Then you will have to clear those. Because almost none of the banks in the USA will let the customer close the account with dues pending.
The second thing is you need to take care of your automatic payments and direct deposits. You have to move them or set up them with your alternative bank account.
This is a very important step and if you don’t take this step. Then all your payments happening from and coming to your account will start failing. (once the account is closed)
Steps to Close 1st Trust Bank Account
You can follow the instructions given below if you want to close an individual account. And in case if you have a joint account then follow this guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of 1st Trust Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is all you have to do to close an account that you need no more. Other than this you should also know that. If you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay charges to close it. For mode details, you can directly contact the bank.