Closing a bank account is very easy. Provided if you make your account ready before approaching the bank. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Westwood Private Bank account.
Basically, I will cover how you can prepare your account to be closed. And then the steps you need to follow by approaching the bank.
In this guide, I am not going to explain to you any online method. But an offline method. And this method works 100% with all the banks in the United States of America.
The first thing you have to make sure of is. There should be no negative balance or pending dues in your account. If you have any then clear all of those before you approach the bank.
The next thing is you have to cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits. To keep these payments running you have to move all of them to your alternative bank account.
This has to be done before you close your existing account with Westwood Private Bank. If you don’t do it then the payments will start failing.
If you have an alternative bank account with you then that is fine. But in case you don’t have. Then I recommend you open a new one before you close your existing account.
Steps to Close Westwood Private Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow this guide. But in the case of a joint account, then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of that Westwood Private Bank near you.
- Take your documents like passbooks, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof documents with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk.
- Tell them that you want to close your bank account.
- The official will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling customer service and using the official website.
- Official Website: www.westwoodprivatebank.com
- Phone Number: (972) 761-5120
This is how you can close your account. But you also keep in mind. That if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay account closing charges.