We need bank accounts and banks need us the customers. There are so many banks in the United States that we customers have a wide range of choices. If we don’t like the service of any bank we have the freedom to close it. And open a new account with the bank of our choice. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Westamerica Bank account.
Everybody will be having their own reason to close the account. Let us not get into that, but before you close the account there are a few things that should be taken care of. The first thing is there should be no negative balance in your account. If you have any then the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues. So check your balance and clear the dues. (if any)
Once your account is closed all your automatic payments and the direct deposits will start failing. To make sure they don’t fail you need to move all the payments to your alternative bank account. And this should be done before you close the account. Westamerica Bank will not do this for you, it is completely your responsibility to take care of all of your payments.
Here alternative bank account is nothing but an account with another bank other than Westamerica Bank. If you already have an account with you then that is fine. But if you don’t have one then you should choose a good bank for you and get the account opened. If you need help in choosing the next bank. Then you can refer to this list of questions you should ask the bank before opening the account.
Steps to Close Westamerica Bank Account
You can not close your bank account online, you will have to follow the offline method only. If you have an individual account with the bank then follow the steps mentioned below. But in case you hold a joint bank account with the bank. Then refer to the linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Westamerica Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask you to provide your name and bank account number.
- Provide the details and show your identity proof document to verify your identity as the owner of the account.
- Check your bank account balance and bring it down to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form with all the details, check it, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling customer care, using the official website. And also by messaging on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.westamerica.com/
- Phone Number: (800) 848-1088
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/WestamericaBankHome/
This is how you can close your Westamerica Bank account. But keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.