If you have decided to close your bank account. Then in this guide, I will tell you the process that you have to follow to close West Valley National Bank account.
People usually feel that closing an account is a hard job. But it is not provided if you know the proper process to be followed by you. Before you approach the bank you will have to take care of two things.
The first thing is you will have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
The second thing is you will have to cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits. You can set up the same payments with your alternative bank account.
You have to keep in mind that moving the payments is completely your responsibility and not that of the bank. The bank will not do it for you by default.
Steps to Close West Valley National Bank Account
If you want to close your individual account then follow this guide. But in case if you want to close a joint account then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of West Valley National Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and an identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and speak with the officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how you can close a bank account. But you should also know that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. If you want to know more about the charges. Then I recommend you to contact the bank.