How to Close West Alabama Bank and Trust Account?
To close your West Alabama Bank and Trust account, call customer service at (205) 375-6261 or visit a local branch.
There are so many reasons to close a bank account. No matter why you have decided to do it. I will today help you out with the process that you have to follow to close West Alabama Bank and Trust account.
The process is very simple. But before you reach the bank and ask it to close your account. There are two things that you have to take care of.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account. If you have any pending dues. Then you will have to clear those.
The second thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account.
This step is very important because if you don’t do it. Then all your payments will start failing once your account is closed by the bank.
I don’t recommend closing the account online because of the high rate of rejections by the banks. So I have explained an offline method below.
This method works not only for the customers of West Alabama Bank and Trust. But this works for almost all the banks that are operating in the United States of America.
Steps to Close West Alabama Bank and Trust Account
If you hold a joint account then refer to this linked guide. And if you hold an individual account. Then you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Locate the nearest branch of West Alabama Bank and Trust near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want more information about closing your account. Then you can contact the bank by calling customer service. And also with the help of the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.wabt.com
- Phone Number: (205) 375-6261
This is how simple the process is of closing an account. At the same time, you also have to keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges as well.