If we start listing out the reasons why people would close the bank account. Then we will end up getting too many. In this guide let us not discuss the reasons. But if you want to know the reasons then I have a separate article listing 9 reasons to close your bank account. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close your USAA Bank account.
Steps to Close USAA Bank Account
As per the information I got in the FAQ section of the official website of the bank. You can close your bank account by calling customer care on 800-531-8722. Other than this they don’t mention any online method there. But I recommend you to follow the offline method that is discussed below.
- Make arrangements for your alternative bank account.
- Setup all the automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account.
- Bring down your bank account balance to zero.
- Locate the nearest branch of USAA Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and any of your identity proof documents with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank, go to the helpdesk, and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- Provide your bank account number and banking name to the officials to locate your account.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
For more information, you can contact the bank by calling customer care. And also by messaging the bank’s support team on the bank’s official social media profile.
- Official Website: www.usaa.com/inet/wc/banking
- Phone Number: 800-531-8722
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/USAA
- Twitter: twitter.com/USAA
This is how you can get your bank account closed. Do keep in mind that in some cases if you are closing the account very early after opening it. Then the bank may charge you account closing charges. You can check if you have to pay anything or no by contacting the bank directly. If you have any negative balance in your account. Then clear those before approaching the bank to close your account.