There are so many reasons why someone might decide to close a bank account. No matter what is your reason. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close your account.
The process is very simple, but I do not recommend you close the account online. Instead of that follow the offline method that is explained below.
But before your approach the bank and request it to close the account. There are two things you need to take care of in your account.
The first thing is you need to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account. In case you have any pending dues or negative balance. You will have to clear those before approaching the bank.
The next thing is you need to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This is very important because if you don’t do it. The payments will start failing once the account is closed.
Steps to Close Unity National Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow the steps that are explained below. But in case you hold a joint bank account. Then you can refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of the Unity National Bank account.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide the details to the officials and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
There are two ways you can contact the bank without stepping out of your place. You can call customer service. And the second one is you can use the contact form on the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.unitybanktexas.com
- Phone Number: 713-387-7400
This is how you can close your account either by calling customer service or by visiting the branch. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.