A bank account is a really important thing and almost all of us have at least one account. But we also need to keep in mind that multiple unused accounts are hard to maintain. So the best thing we can do is close the ones which we don’t use. And also those which we don’t want to use anymore. This guide will help you out with the process to close TowneBank Account.
The process stands really simple and there are no complex steps to follow. But you have to make sure that you don’t have any negative balance in your bank account. If in case you have any then you will first have to clear all those dues and negative balance. This is very important because TowneBank will not allow you to close your account until you clear all the dues pending in your account.
So before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. It is highly recommended that you clear all the dues. (if any) Before you close your existing account make sure you have an alternative account to use. What I mean is a different account with another bank other than TowneBank. If you already have then that is good there is no need to open a new account.
But if you don’t have an alternative account then choose a good bank for you. There are so many banks that are operating in the United States of America. And get an account opened for yourself. But make sure you choose the right bank for you this time. If you need assistance in choosing your next bank. Then read my list of questions you should ask your new bank before opening the account.
Steps to Close TowneBank Account
There is no online method to close your account, you will have to follow the offline method which is explained below. If you hold an individual account then follow the steps mentioned in this guide. But in case if you hold a joint bank account with the bank then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of TowneBank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and any identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- Share your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Check your account balance and bring it down to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form with all the required details, sign the form, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
For any additional information, you can reach the support team of the bank. You can contact the team using the official website of the bank, by calling the customer care number. And also by messaging on the bank’s official social media profiles.
- Official Website: www.townebank.com
- Phone Number: 844-638-6714
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/TowneBank
- Twitter: twitter.com/townebanking
The officials will never ask you to share any kind of sensitive information about your account. So please do not share any of your sensitive information with any third person. In some cases, the bank may also charge you for the closing of the account. These charges are known as account closing charges. But generally, not everyone has to pay these charges. So to know if you have to pay or not contact the bank directly.