If you are planning to close Town Bank account you have. Then in this guide, you will find the entire process that you need to follow. No matter from which branch of the bank you have opened the account. The closing process remains the same for all. It is just that you should keep a few things in check before you approach the bank.
The first thing to check out is the negative balance that you have in your account. If you don’t have any dues pending or a negative balance then you are good to go. But in case you have any then you will have to first take the necessary steps to pay those dues.
This is important because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues. This is not just the case with Town Bank. But almost all the bank operating in the United States and around the globe follow this process. No bank allows any account with a negative balance to be closed until the balance is cleared.
Once the bank starts the process of closing you will not be able to use it for any kind of transaction. So I recommend you make arrangements for your alternative bank account. This arrangement should be done before you close down your existing account.
Here what I mean by alternative account is an account with any other bank than Town Bank. This will help you for a smooth transition from your old bank account to the new account. At the same time, you also have to move all your direct deposits and automatic payments to your alternative account.
Steps to Close Town Bank Account (Wintrust Community Bank)
There is no online method that I found while my research for this guide. That is the reason why I have explained an offline method below. The steps mentioned below are for those people who hold an individual account with the bank. So in case if you have a joint bank account then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Town Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards with you.
- Choose any one identity proof document and take the original copy with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason why you are closing the account.
- Provide the requested details to the officials and make your account balance zero.
- Collect, fill, check, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can reach the bank’s support team online on their official website and also by calling them on the customer support phone number. You can also reach the support team by messaging on the bank’s official social media profile on Facebook. I have provided the contact information below.
- Official Website: www.townbank.us
- Phone Number: 800-433-3076
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/TownBank
In some cases, you will be asked to pay the account closing charges. These charges depend upon the type of account you hold, the time when you are closing it, etc. So the best thing you can do to know if you have to pay any charges is to contact the bank directly.