If you have a bank account with any of the banks in the United States of America. Then you also have the right to close your account. But there is a proper process to be followed. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Sunflower Bank account.
I have not explained any online method in this guide. Instead of that, I have explained an offline method that has the highest success rate. But before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. You will have to take care of two things.
The first thing is you have to make sure that you have no negative balance or pending dues in the account. If you have any then you will have to clear those. The bank will not let you close the account until you clear all the dues that are pending in your account.
The second thing is you will have to cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits. And set them up with your alternative bank account. This will help you to make sure that all your payments are running even after your existing account with Sunflower Bank is closed.
Steps to Close Sunflower Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then follow the steps mentioned below. And in case if you want to close a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Sunflower Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit card, and an identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is the process that you have to follow to close your account with Sunflower Bank. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. To know more about the charges and fees I recommend you to contact the bank.