If we start counting the reasons why people might decide to close the bank account. Then we will find too many reasons to close the account. Some of us might have a personal reason to do it and others may have professional reasons. Whatever the reason might be you can follow the steps mentioned in this guide to close State Farm bank account.
The process is very simple but you can not close it online. You will have to visit the nearest branch of the bank one last time to get the account closed. Even though the process is easy there are certain rules and regulations of the bank that are to be followed by you.
The first thing is there should be no negative balance or dues pending in your account. If in case you have anything pending. Then you will have to clear all those first. And then you are free to approach the bank to close the account. This is a common rule for all the banks that are operating in the United States and also globally.
Other than this only the real owner and user of the account has the right to request the closure. So you will have to make sure that you don’t send anyone from your friends or family to close the account for you. In case you really can not come to the branch personally. Then you can make prior arrangements with the bank for this.
Before you approach State Farm to close your account. Make sure you have an alternative bank account for your use. Because once the bank starts the process of closing down by taking your request. You can not use the account for any kind of transaction.
Steps to Close State Farm Bank Account
The offline process with all the instructions is mentioned below.
- Locate the nearest branch of State Farm near you.
- Collect your passbook, unused cheques, and debit cards with you.
- Take any one identity proof document with you and visit the branch of the bank.
- Check your bank account balance.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Go to the customer helpdesk of the branch and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- Provide your name and account number to them and collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form with all your details, sign the form, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
For more information, you can use the details given below to contact the bank the below-mentioned details are taken from the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.statefarm.com/finances/banking
- Phone Number: 877 734 2265
Your account will not be closed instantly after you submit the application form. It will take around 1 to 2 working days. And in some cases, if you are closing down the account too early after opening it with State Farm. Then the bank may charge you for the closure. So make sure you ask the officials if there are any charges.