Every day so many people contact the bank to open a new account. In the same way, there are also people who contact to close the one they have. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close SouthTrust Bank account.
The process that you have to follow is very simple. But I don’t recommend you close the account online. Instead of that follow the offline method that has been explained in this guide.
This method not only works for the customers of SouthTrust Bank. But this works for the customers of all the banks in the United States of America.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. There are a few things that have to be taken care of by you.
The first thing is there should be a negative balance or pending dues in the account. In case if you have any. Then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close until you clear all the dues.
The next thing is you have to cancel and move all your automatic payments and direct deposits from your SouthTrust Bank account.
You can set up the payments with your alternative bank account. If you already have an account with another bank. Then that is great. But in case you don’t then I recommend you open a new one before you close the existing one.
Steps to Close SouthTrust Bank Account
If you hold an individual account then follow this guide. And in case if you hold a joint bank account, then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of SouthTrust Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling your branch, using the official website. And by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.southtrust.com
- George West Branch Phone Number: (361) 449-1571
- Three Rivers Branch Phone Number: (361) 786-3553
- Floresville Branch Phone Number: (830) 216-2216
- San Antonio Branch Phone Number: (210) 928-3595
- Pleasanton Branch Phone Number: (830) 281-8108
- Houston Branch Phone Number: (713) 722-3550
- East Houston Branch Phone Number: (346) 327-8100
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/SouthTrust-Bank-NA-1797086873866442/
This is how you can request the bank to close your account. But you should also keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.