There are so many banks operating in the United States of America, that sometimes people get confused about which bank to choose. But when there is competition in any industry then the ultimate winner is the consumer itself. In this guide of mine, I will help you out with the steps you need to follow to Close SouthState Bank account.
It is very simple to close your account, so there is no need to worry much about it. But there are a few things about which you should take care of. The first and foremost thing is the bank will not allow you to close the account with a negative balance. So if you have any then you first have to clear the dues and negative balances.
Next once the bank starts the process of closing down your bank account with your consent. You will not be able to use your account in any way. So I recommend you to make arrangements for your alternative bank account. You can choose any bank and get your account opened with it.
But this time make sure you choose the right bank for you. In case you need help in choosing the bank. Then here I am, I have published an article in which I have mentioned a few questions. You should ask these questions to your new bank. And based on the answers you get from then you will be able to decide.
About SouthState Bank
|Founded||January 1, 1934|
|Headquarters||Columbia, South Carolina, United States|
|Number of Locations||160+|
|Area Served||South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Virginia|
|Number of Employees (2018)||2,600+|
Steps to Close SouthState Bank Account
Before I was writing this guide for you, I looked for resources online. But I did not find any concrete article online that deals with the steps. So I have mentioned the steps you can universally follow for all the banks. And as of now, there is no online method to close the account. So I have mentioned the offline method below.
- Locate the nearest branch of the SouthState Bank near you.
- Take your bank passbook, debit cards, unused cheques, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Tell the bank officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, bank account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details to the officials.
- Bring down your bank account balance to zero.
- Ask if you have to surrender your debit card and unused cheques to the bank.
- Collect, fill the account closure request form and submit it to the officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you need more assistance for closing the account, then the best thing you can do is contacting the bank. You can do that using the official website, by calling the bank and also message them on their official social media profiles. I have mentioned all the contact information below.
- Official Website: www.southstatebank.com
- Phone Number: (800) 277-2175
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/SouthStateBank
- Twitter: twitter.com/southstatebank
This is how you can get your account closed. Please keep in mind that you should never share any sensitive details of your account with anyone. At the same time, you should also not enter any of your details on any third-party websites that you don’t trust. If you want to close a joint bank account then refer to this linked guide.