Just like opening a new bank account closing one is also very simple. The thing is you should know the proper way to do it. In this guide of mine, I will tell you how you can close SouthPoint Bank account.
First of all, you have to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
The second thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This will help you ensure all your payments are running without any problems.
And the third thing is I don’t recommend people to close the account online. Because the banks usually reject the online request.
So I have explained an offline method that below. This works for all the banks that are serving customers in the United States of America.
Steps to Close SouthPoint Bank Account
If you are an individual account holder with the bank. Then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in case if you hold a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of SouthPoint Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit card, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, check it, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how simple it is to close your bank account. But you should also keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.