Closing a bank account is not a big deal at all. All you need to know is the exact steps to do it. And in this guide of mine, I will tell you the steps you need to follow to close Shinhan Bank account.
Before we discuss the steps, I would like to tell you about the two important things. You should take care of these two things before approaching the bank.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
The next thing is you will have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account.
This move is very important because once your account is closed. All your payments will start failing. And it is completely your responsibility to manage these before closing the account and not that of the bank.
Steps to Close Shinhan Bank America Account
There is no online way to close your bank account. So you will have to follow the offline method explained below. The individual account holders can follow this guide. And if you are a joint account holder, then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Shinhan Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk. Tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will then ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show then your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want more information then you can contact the bank by calling the customer service. The contact information provided below is taken from the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.shbamerica.com
- Phone Number: 1-877-770-7422
It is as simple as that to get your unused bank account with Shinhan Bank America. But you also have to keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charge.