If you don’t need a bank account anymore or if you don’t want to use it. Then there is one best thing you can do about it. And that is to close it down permanently. Because having an unused bank account is not a good thing. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Pioneer Bank account.
The process is very simple but there are two things you need to take care of before approaching the bank. So let us first understand those two things. And then we will learn the process or the steps that you have to follow to close your bank account.
The first thing is there should be no pending dues or negative balance in the account. If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues that are pending in your account.
The next thing is you will have to take care of all your automatic payments and direct deposits. You have to cancel all of those that are running on your account. Because if you don’t do it. Then all the payments will start failing once your account is closed.
You can set them up with your alternative bank account. By doing this you can make sure that none of your payments are failing. In case you already have an alternative account with you. Then that is great. But in case if you don’t then get one opened before you close your existing account.
There are so many banks in the United States of America. You can choose the one which you feel meets your needs and get an account with it. In case if you need help in choosing your next bank. Then you can refer to this list of questions that you should ask the bank before opening an account with it.
Steps to Close Pioneer Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can refer to this linked guide. But in case if you hold a joint bank account. Then refer to this linked guide. The below-mentioned instructions are of an offline method and not an online method to close your account.
- Locate the nearest branch of Pioneer Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk.
- Tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the requested information and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form, fill it, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling the customer service, using the official website. And also by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.pioneerbnk.com
- Phone Number: 1.800.624.5200
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/pioneerbank
This is how simple it is to close your Pioneer Bank account. But you also have to keep it in mind. That if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.