There are a lot of reasons why someone might decide to close a bank account. No matter what your reason is. But I will help you out to close Oakwood Bank in this guide.
Before you start the process you have to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account. If you have any then the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear those.
And the next thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits from your Oakwood Bank account. This is important because once the account is closed call your payments will start failing.
You can set up the payments with your alternative bank account. If you don’t have an alternative account with you. Then I recommend you open one before closing your existing account.
There are a lot of banks in the United States from which you can choose. If you need help choosing your next bank. Then refer to this list of questions.
Steps to Close Oakwood Bank Account
These are not steps of any online method but an offline method. If you hold an individual bank account then follow this guide. But in case you hold a joint account then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Oakwood Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling customer service, using the official website. And also by messaging on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.oakwoodbank.com
- Phone Number: 469-687-2200
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/OakwoodBank
If you need more information then you can call the customer service of the bank. But do keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay account closing charges.