If you have decided to close your bank account and switch to another bank. Then you can do that. But there is a proper process to close any account. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Northrim Bank account.
The process is very simple but I don’t recommend you close the account online. Instead of that, you can follow the offline method that is explained in this guide. (the success rate is more)
Before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. You have to take care of two things about your account.
The first one is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in your account. In case if you have any then you will have to clear those.
Second, you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative account. This will help you to make sure that all your payments are running even after your existing account is closed.
Steps to Close Northrim Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in case if you want to close a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Northrim Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, check it, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
If you wish to close the account online. Then you can contact the bank and ask them if they allow you to do it. And also keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.