If you have decided to close your bank account. Then you can do it. But there is a right way to do it. And that is what we will discuss today. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close NorthEast Community Bank account.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. There are two things that should be taken care of by you.
The first thing is you need to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account. If you have any negative balance or pending dues. Then you need to pay those off.
The next thing is you need to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This is very important to make sure that all your payments keep running even after your existing account is closed.
If you have an alternative bank account with you already then that is great. But in case you don’t have. Then I recommend you get one opened before you close your existing account.
There are so many banks in the United States of America from which you can choose one. If you need help in choosing your next bank. Then you can refer to this list of questions.
I don’t recommend you close the account online. That is because of the low success rate. Instead of that, you can follow the offline method that is explained below.
Steps to Close NorthEast Community Bank Account
You can follow the steps explained below if you have an individual account with the bank. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of NorthEast Community Bank near you.
- Take your documents with you. (passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document)
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and how them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
For more information, you can contact the bank by calling customer service. And also by using the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.necb.com
- Phone Number: (866) 287-7500
Visit the branch of your bank, follow the steps explained above. And you will be able to close your account. But you also have to keep in mind that the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges if you are closing the account too early after opening it.