For some reason, if you have decided to close your National Bank of Arizona account. Then in this guide, I will tell you the steps that you have to follow to do it.
Before you approach the bank to start the process you will have to prepare the account to get it closed. There are two things to be taken care of here.
The first thing the regarding the dues and negative balance that you may have in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
And the second thing is about the automatic payments and direct deposits. You will have to move these to your alternative bank account.
If you don’t move the payments or set them up with your other account. Then your payments will start failing once your account is closed by the bank.
I usually don’t recommend you close the account online. That is because of the low success rate. Instead of that, you can follow the offline method that has been explained below.
If you already have an alternative account that you are good to start the process. But in case if you don’t have then I recommend you open a new one before you close your existing account.
There are so many banks in the United States of America to choose from if you plan to switch to another bank. If you need help in choosing your next bank. Then you can refer to this list of questions to ask your next bank.
Steps to Close National Bank of Arizona Account
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow the below-mentioned steps. But in case if you want to close a joint account. Then refer to this linked guide here.
- Locate the nearest branch of the National Bank of Arizona near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
You should also know that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. The bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. For further assistance, you can contact the bank directly.