If you don’t want a bank account you always have an option to close it. But there is a proper way to do it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Moody Bank account.
The process is very simple, but I do not recommend you close the account online. That is because the success rate is very less online.
Instead of the online method. You can follow the offline method that has been explained in this guide. This method works not only with Moody Bank but with all the banks in the United States.
But before you approach the bank there are two things you should take care of. The first thing is regarding the balance you have in your account.
There should be no negative balance or pending dues in the account. If you have any then you have to take proper steps to pay off those.
The next thing is you have to cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits. If you don’t do it then the payments will start failing once your account is closed.
You can set them up with your alternative bank account. This will help you to ensure that all your payments are running without any problems.
If you don’t have an alternative account with you. Then I highly recommend you to get a new one opened before you close your existing account. If you need help in choosing your next bank. Then refer to this list of questions.
Steps to Close Moody Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with Moody National Bank. Then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in the case of a joint account, follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Moody Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, bank account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling the customer service, using the contact form on the official website. And also by messaging the support team of the bank on its official social media profiles.
- Official Website: www.moodybank.com
- Phone Number: 1-855-259-8075
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/MoodyNationalBank
This is how you can close your bank account. Here you should also know that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.