If you want to close your bank account then you can do it. You have all the rights to close the account you own. But there is a proper process to be followed. In this guide, I will tell you the process to close Lone Star National Bank account.
The process that I have explained in this guide is not an online method but an offline method. But before you approach the bank and ask it to close the account. There are a few things you should take care of. So first we will learn about those things.
The first thing is you will have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in your account. If you have any pending dues. Then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues.
The next thing is you will have to cancel all the automatic payments and direct deposits from your account. Because once your account is closed all the payments will start failing. So to keep them running you have to move all your payments to your alternative bank account.
If you already have an alternative account with any other bank in the United States. Then that is great you can directly close your account with the Lone Star National Bank. But in case you don’t have. Then I recommend you open a new account before you close your existing account.
Steps to Close Lone Star National Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account with the bank. Then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Lone Star National Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason why you want to close the account.
- Provide the details to the officials and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling the customer service, using the official website. And by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.lonestarnationalbank.com
- Phone Number: (800) 580-0322
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/lsnbank
This is how you can close your bank account. You also should know that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.