There are so many reasons to close a bank account. No matter what is the reason that made you decided to close your account. In this guide, I will tell you the process that you have to follow to close KS StateBank account.
The process is very simple but there are two things that you need to take care of. These are like preparing your bank account to get closed.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
The second thing is to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative account. This is important to make sure all your payments are running even after your KS StateBank account is closed.
Steps to Close KS StateBank Account
Follow the instructions to close an individual account. But in case if you want to close a joint account then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of KS StateBank near you.
- Take your passbook, debit cards, cheques, and an identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
You will be able to close your account by following the above-mentioned steps. One more thing you should keep in mind is. If you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. For more details about the fees and charges, you can contact the bank directly.