If you have an account with any of the banks that are operating in the USA, and you have decided to close it. Then you have all the rights to close it. But you have to follow the terms and conditions of the bank. And at the same time if you are closing your account too early. Then you have to pay the account closing fees to the bank. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Investors Bank account.
The process is very simple but you can not close your account online. You will have to follow the offline method that is explained below. In the offline method, you have to visit the branch or location of the bank and complete the procedures. But before that, you have to make sure that there are no due pending or negative balance in your account. If you have any then clear those before you approach the bank for the closure.
Steps to Close Investors Bank Account
The steps that you have to follow are explained below. If you hold an individual account with the bank then follow these steps. But in case if you hold a joint bank account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Investors Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits from the account.
- Check your bank account balance and make it zero.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask you for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details, collect an account closure request form, fill it, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to contact the bank then you can call customer support, use the bank’s official website. And also message the support team on the bank’s official social media profiles.
- Official Website: www.myinvestorsbank.com
- Phone Number: 855-422-6548
- Twitter: twitter.com/investorsbank
This is how you can get your bank account closed. But before you close your existing account make sure you have an alternative bank account with you. In case you don’t have then choose a good bank for you and open an account. Once your new account is fully operational you can close your account you have with Investors Bank. If you already have an alternative account then there is no need to open a new one.