If you want to switch to another bank you can do that. But it is also recommended to close down the accounts that you are no more going to use. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close HomeBank Texas account.
The process of closing the account is very easy. But you should know the exact steps to do it. But before that there are a few things to be taken care of by you.
The first one is about the pending dues and negative balances in your bank account. If you have any then the bank will now allow you to close the account until you clear those.
And the second one is about the automatic payments and direct deposits. You will have to move all of the payments to your alternative account.
This will ensure that your payments don’t fail after your HomeBank Texas account is closed. And if you don’t have an alternative account with another bank. Then I recommend you to get one before your close your existing account.
Steps to Close HomeBank Texas Account
If you hold a joint bank account then refer to this linked guide. The steps of the offline method are explained below. I do not recommend you try closing the account online due to the low success rate.
- Locate the nearest branch of HomeBank Texas near you.
- Collect your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling customer service and by using the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.homebanktx.com
- Dallas Location: 214.328.2736
- Rockwall Location: 972.772.6888
- Seagoville Location: 972.287.2030
This is how you can easily close the bank account by visiting the branch of the bank. You also should know that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.