If you have decided to close your account, then I am here to help you out. In this guide of mine, I will tell you the steps to close Hanmi Bank account.
There are so many reasons why people choose to close a bank account. The steps remain the same irrespective of the reason to close it.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. There are a few things that should be taken care of by you.
The first thing is there should be no pending dues or negative balance in your account. If you have any make sure you clear those before approaching the bank.
The next thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. Because, if you don’t do it then the payments will start failing.
If you already have an alternative account with you. Then that is fine. But in case you don’t. Then I recommend you open a new account with another bank before closing the existing account.
If you need help to choose your next bank in the United States of America. Then you can refer to this list of questions you should ask the bank before opening the account.
Steps to Close Hanmi Bank Account
I don’t recommend you close the account online. And that is the reason why I have explained an offline method below. If you hold an individual account then follow this guide. And in case of a joint bank account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Hanmi Bank near you.
- Take your bank passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to contact the bank then you can do that by calling customer service and using the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.hanmi.com
- Phone Number: (855) 773-8778
This is how you can close your Hanmi Bank account. But do keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.