Do you have an account with the Great Western Bank and now you want to close it? Well, if your answer is yes. Then this guide is entirely written for you. You can refer to this guide to know the steps that you need to follow to close Great Western Bank account.
This guide is written by keeping the individual account holders in the mind. So if you hold a joint bank account then you can refer to this linked guide. Before we start with the process let me tell you that the bank will not allow you to close the account if you have any dues pending or a negative balance.
So the first thing you have to do is clear all the dues and negative balances. And then cancel all the automatic payments and direct deposits that you receive in your Great Western Bank account. After that, you can set up the same from your alternative bank account that you will continue using.
About Great Western Bank
|Headquarters||Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States|
|Number of Employees||1,500 approx.|
Steps to Close Great Western Bank Account
There is no online method to close your bank account. So you will have to follow the offline method that has been explained below with all the steps.
- Locate the nearest branch of Great Western Bank near you.
- Collect all your unused cheques, debit cards, passbook, and your identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the customer helpdesk at the branch.
- Speak with the bank officials.
- Tell them that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details to the officials and collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, check the details you have filled, sign it and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling the customer care number, and also by messaging the bank on its official social media profile. The contact information given below is taken from the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.greatwesternbank.com
- Phone Number: 1 800 952 2043
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/GreatWesternBank.GWB
- Twitter: twitter.com/bank_great
This is how you can get your account closed by filling out the account closure request form. Also, keep in mind that you have to cancel all your direct deposits and automatic payments. This has to be done before you close your Great Western Bank account. Because once the account is closed all the payments will start failing.