If you have a bank account that you are not using then closing it down is a good option. And in this guide of mine, I will tell you how you can close Glacier Bank account. The process is very simple. But before you close it down make sure you an alternative bank account ready to use with you.
About Glacier Bank
|Headquarters||Kalispell, Montana, United States|
|Parent Organization||Glacier Bancorp|
Steps to Close Glacier Bank Account
You can not close your account online, the only available method is offline. And that is the reason why only the offline method is explained below. This guide is written for those customers of the bank who hold an individual account with the bank. If you hold a joint bank account then refer to this guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Glacier Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and any identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk of the branch.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- Provide your name, account number, and your reason for the closure.
- Check your bank account balance for any negative balance or pending dues. (clear those if any)
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill, and submit the duly filled account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to contact the bank for more information. Then you can do that by calling the customer care of the bank. And if you want to reach the bank online then you can also use it on the official website and message on the official social media profile of the bank.
- Official Website: www.glacierbank.com
- Phone Number: 800 735 4371
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/GlacierBank
This is how simple it is to get your bank account closed. If you want to know about the account closing charges. Then I recommend you to contact the bank directly. Because sometimes the bank may or may not charge the customer for the closure. And it depends upon various factors like the type of account you hold, etc.