No matter what is the reason that made you think of closing your bank account. There is a way to do it. Being the customer of the bank you totally have the right to close it when you wish to do so. But there are a few terms and conditions of the bank that you should keep in mind before taking the step. You can refer to this guide to know the steps that you need to follow to close Fulton Bank account.
The process is very simple, and you will get through it very easily. But the first thing you should keep in mind is there should be no negative balance in your bank account. This can be a particularly negative balance or can also be any dues that are pending in your account. If you have any such balance, then you will first have to clear all of those. And then you are free to approach the bank to close the account.
Once you approach the bank and request it to close the account. After the process starts you can not use your bank account for making any kind of transaction. So to avoid this kind of circumstances you should make arrangements for an alternative bank account before closing the one you have. If you already have an account with another bank then you are good to go. But if not then choose a good bank for you and get a new account opened.
About Fulton Bank
|Subsidiary||Fulton Financial Corporation|
Steps to Close Fulton Bank Account
Before I start with the process, let me tell you that there is no online method that can you can follow. The only method available is offline by visiting the branch of the bank. This guide which you are reading currently is written by keeping the individual account holders in mind. So if you are a joint bank account holder then read this linked guide for more details.
- Locate the nearest branch of Fulton Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, debit cards, unused cheques, and any identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Check your account balance for any pending dues or negative balance. (clear them if any)
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Go to the helpdesk of the branch and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- Provide your name and account number to the officials to locate your account.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling customer care, using the official website, and also by messaging on the official social media profile of the bank.
- Official Website: www.fultonbank.com
- Phone Number: 1 800 385 8664
- Twitter: twitter.com/FultonBank
Sometimes the banks ask the customers to surrender the passbook, debit cards, and unused cheques. So I have mentioned that you should carry them with you. If the officials tell you to submit them then you have to do it. If not then you can carry them back home with you. Other than this should keep in mind that in some cases the bank may charge you account closing charges. Get in touch with the bank to more exact charges. (if any)