There are so many banks that are operating around us. No matter in which country you are. You can easily find multiple banks that are competing with each other to add more and more customers. And when there is such competition the ultimate winner is the customers. So when the customers do not like the bank. He or she can close the account and open a new one with another bank. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close First Northern Bank account.
The first thing you have to do is make sure you have an alternative bank account with you. I am telling you this because once the bank starts the process of closing your account on your request. You can not use it for any kind of transaction. So to avoid such circumstances you should open a new account with another bank before closing down the existing one. But if you already have another account then there is no need to open a new one.
About First Northern Bank
|Headquarters||Dixon, California, USA|
|Number of Employees||200+|
Steps to Close First Northern Bank Account
There are a few banks that allow their customers to close the account online. But as we are talking about the First Northern Bank, let me tell you that this bank does not allow you to close the account online. So you will have to follow the offline method only that is explained below in this guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of First Northern Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and any identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- Provide your bank account number, your name, and the reason for the closure to the officials.
- Check your bank account balance for any pending dues or negative balances. (clear those if any)
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect, fill, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling customer care, and also by messaging the bank on its official social media profiles. I have mentioned the contact information of the bank including the official website of the First Northern Bank.
- Official Website: www.thatsmybank.com
- Phone Number: (707) 678-3041
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ThatsMyBank
This is how simple it is to get your bank account closed. Before you approach the bank to start the process make sure you stop all the automatic payments and direct deposits. Because once the account is closed all your payments will start failing. This guide works great for those who hold individual accounts with the bank. In case you hold a joint bank account then read this linked guide.