If we sit counting the reasons why people decide to lose their bank accounts. Then we get too many reasons. In this guide, we are not going to discuss the reasons. But still, if you want to know the reasons then follow this link. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close First Merchants Bank account.
The process is very simple but let me tell you that you can not close your account online. The only way to do this is to follow the offline method which is explained below. But to start with you should first make sure that you don’t have any pending dues and negative balance in your account.
If you have any the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues. And next thing once the bank starts the closing process you can not use the account to make any kind of transaction. So before you close your existing account make arrangements for an alternative bank account.
Here alternative account is an account with another bank other than First Merchants Bank. Once the account is fully operational change all of your direct deposits to your alternative account. At the same time make sure you cancel your automatic payments too.
If you already have an account with another bank then there is no need to open a new one. But in case you don’t have then choose a good bank for you and get an account opened. There are so many banks in the United States from which you can choose one for you.
Steps to Close First Merchants Bank Account
Follow the instructions given below to get your account closed.
- Locate the nearest branch of First Merchants Bank near you.
- Collect your passbook, unused cheque, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the requested information to the officials.
- Check your bank account balance and make it zero.
- Collect, fill, sign and submit the account closure form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling customer care, using the official website, and also by messaging on the official social media profile of the bank. All the required contact information is provided below.
- Official Website: www.firstmerchants.com
- Phone Number: 1 800 205 3464
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FirstMerchants
This is how you can close your First Merchants Bank account. If you need help choosing your new bank. Then read this list of questions you should ask the bank before opening the account. And in case if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank will ask you to pay the account closing charges.