If you have made up your mind and want to know how you can close First Horizon Bank account, then this guide is all you need. In this guide, I have explained the complete process that has to be followed by the customers to close the bank account. It is very simple but customers can not do it online.
The only method I found while researching before writing this guide was offline. So that is the reason why I have explained the offline method in this guide. Here you should keep in mind that only the account holder is allowed to request the bank to close the account.
So you should make sure that you don’t send anyone from your friends or family on your behalf. In some special cases if you really can not reach the branch of the bank. Then you can speak about this with First Horizon Bank, and they will get a solution for it.
Before you approach the bank and raise your request. You should make sure that there are no dues pending or negative balances in your account. In case if you have any then you will have to first clear all of those. And then the bank will allow you to start the process.
Once the bank starts the process of closing the account you can not use it for any transactions. So before starting the process you should make arrangements for your alternative bank account. If you already have an account with another bank.
Then there is no need of opening a new account. But if you have don’t have, then you can choose a good bank for you. And get your account opened with it. If you need help in choosing the bank. Then you can read my article in which I have mentioned a few questions you should ask the bank.
About First Horizon Bank
|Headquarters||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
Steps to Close First Horizon Bank Account
Once your alternative bank account is fully operational you can close your account. Also, keep in mind that you have to stop all the automatic payments from your old account and also the direct deposits to it. Because all the payments will start failing after the closure of the account.
- Locate the nearest branch of First Horizon Bank near you.
- Collect your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk of the branch.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the asked details and collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form with all the required details.
- Bring down your balance to zero and submit the form to the officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank using the official website, official social media profiles, and by calling the customer care of the bank. The contact information of the bank is mentioned below.
- Official Website: www.firsthorizon.com
- Phone Number: 800 382 5465
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FirstHorizonBank
- Twitter: twitter.com/FirstHorizonBnk
This is the simple process that you can follow to get the account closed. Sometimes the bank may charge you for the closure. This charge depends upon the type of account you hold, the time when you are closing, etc. So the best thing you can do to know it is to get in touch with the bank directly.