The bank account is one of the most necessary things that we all should have. In fact, we all have one or more than one account with us. Sometimes we also have to close the ones which we are not using anymore. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close First Community Bank of Central Alabama account.
No matter what is the reason that made to decide to close the account. Being the customer of the bank you have the right to close it. But there are a few things and the terms and conditions of the bank that you should keep in mind. I will first tell you all the things to care of first. And then the steps you should follow by approaching the bank.
First of all, check if you have any negative balance in your account. If you have then you will first have to clear those. This is very important because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues. If you don’t know why there is a negative balance in your account. Then you can contact your bank for help.
Secondly, cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits that are active in your account. This is important because once your account is closed. All your payments will start failing. So to ensure everything is working fine you can set up the payments from your alternative bank account.
If you already have an account with another bank in the USA, then that is fine. But in case if you don’t have. Then choose a good bank for you and get an account opened. And once your alternative account is fully operational, you can close your existing account with First Community Bank of Central Alabama.
Steps to Close First Community Bank of Central Alabama Account
You can not close your bank account online. I recommend you follow the offline method that is explained below. If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint bank account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of First Community Bank of Central Alabama near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials, tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to get in touch with the bank. Then you can do that by calling customer service, using the official website. And also by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.fcbca.com
- Phone Number: 334-567-0081
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/firstcommunitybankofcentralalabama
This is how you can close your bank account. But keep in mind that if you are closing the bank account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.