There are simply too many reasons why someone might decide to close a bank account. Irrespective of the reason in this guide I will tell you how you can close First Cameron State Bank account.
I have not explained any online method in this guide. Instead of that, I have explained an offline method that works for almost all the banks in the USA.
Before you reach the bank and request it to close your account. You will have to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account.
In case if you have any kind of dues pending or negative balances. Then the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all of those.
The next thing you will have to do is related to the automatic payments and direct deposits of your account. You have to move all of them to your alternative bank account.
This is a very important step and helps you to make sure that all your payments and deposits are running. Keep in mind that you will have to do this manually and the bank will not do it for you.
Steps to Close First Cameron State Bank Account
In case if you want to close an individual account then follow this guide. And in case if you have a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of First Cameron State Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
The bank will start the closure process once you submit the application letter. Also, keep in mind there can be some fees and account closing charges that you might have to pay. (if you are closing the account within 1 year) I recommend you to contact the bank for more details about it.