The bank account is a really important thing to have with us all. That is because no matter who you are what work you do. You will need a bank account to store your money. But sometimes we need to close the accounts we don’t use anymore. So my today’s guide is for those people who want to close Fifth Third Bank account.
The process that you need to follow is very simple. But there are a few things which you should take care of. The first thing is you should not have any dues pending in your account. In case you have any dues or negative balance in your account. Then you will first have to clear all of those.
The next thing is to make sure you have an active alternative bank account with you. That is because once you approach the Fifth Third Bank to close the account. And when the bank starts the process you will not be able to use the account to make any kind of transaction.
So to make sure that you won’t lose access to an active account it is important that you have an alternative bank account. If you have another account then that is great. But if you don’t have one then choose a good bank for you. There are so many banks that are operating in the United States of America.
If you are still undecided about your next bank. Then you can refer to one of my articles in which I have mentioned a few questions you should ask your new bank. And based on the answer you receive from the bank. You will be able to decide if you should open an account with that bank or no.
About Fifth Third Bank
|Headquarters||Cincinnati, Ohio, USA|
|Number of Employees (2019)||19,000+|
Steps to Close Fifth Third Bank Account
There is no online method that can be followed by you to close your account. So you will have to follow the offline method that I have explained below.
- Locate the nearest branch of Fifth Third Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, debit cards, unused cheques, and an identity proof document.
- Visit the branch of the bank and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close down your account.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form with your name, account number, and reason for the closure.
- Surrender the passbook, unused cheques, and debit cards to the bank. (if demanded by the officials)
- Sign and submit the form to the officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling them. The contact information mentioned below is taken from the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.53.com
- Phone Number: 1-800-972-3030
This is how you can approach the First Third Bank and get your account closed. The bank may or may not charge you for the closure. So to know if you should pay the bank I recommend you to contact the bank itself. And you can do that by using the contact information provided above.