There are many banks that are operating in the United Arab Emirates. And the Emirates NBD is one of them. Even when this bank is considered to be one of the best banks in the country. There can be a number of reasons why you might have decided to close the account. This is guide will help you out with all the steps you need to take to close Emirates NBD account.
Things don’t go well always with the bank accounts and this is quite common. Being the customer of the bank you have the right to close your account whenever you want. But you also need to take into consideration the terms and conditions you agreed on before opening the account. In some banks, you will have to pay some account closing charges when you are closing it before 12 months.
At the same time, you also need to make sure there is no dues pending or negative balance in your account. If there are any then you should take steps to clear those. And then the bank will allow you to start the process to close the account. If you don’t know the exact reason why there is a negative balance in your account. Then you can contact the bank and ask the bank officials. They will be able to help you out with this.
If you are closing the account just to switch to another bank. Then first open your new account or for now we can call it an alternative bank account. Once the account is opened and fully operational you can start the process to close the existing Emirates NBD account. If you need help in choosing the right bank for you. Then read this guide which has 9 questions you can ask the bank before opening the account.
About Emirates NBD
|Founded||19 June 1963|
|Headquarters||Deira, Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Revenue (2018)||US$ 4.73 billion|
|Net Income (2018)||US$ 2.72 billion|
|Total Assets (2018)||US$ 136.00 billion|
|Number of Employees (2018)||10000|
|Parent Organization||Investment Corporation of Dubai|
Steps to Close Emirates NBD Account
As per the information on the official website of the bank. They do not allow their customers to close down the bank account online. But there is an offline method to do it which is explained below. The process to close a joint bank account is a bit different. Read the linked guide for more information for the joint bank account holders.
- Locate the nearest branch of the Emirates NBD near you.
- Collect your identification proof document, unused cheques, and debit cards.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the customer help desk of the branch.
- Tell the bank officials at the desk that you want to close your account.
- Collect a bank account closure request form.
- Fill the form with all the required details like your name and bank account number, etc.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Sign the filled form, submit it, and follow the instructions given to you by the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank using their official website, by calling customer care, and also by messaging them on their official social media profiles.
- Phone Number: 600 54 0000
- Website: www.emiratesnbd.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/EmiratesNBD/
- Twitter: twitter.com/EmiratesNBD_AE
- Instagram: instagram.com/emiratesnbd_ae/
This is how you can close down your bank account. For more information about the account closing charges. I recommend you to contact the bank by calling them on their customer care phone number. The phone number and the other contact information provided above can be used.