If you have a bank account with the East West Bank and now you have decided to close the account. Then I am here to help you out with it. There can be a number of reasons why you might have decided to close the account. Let me not get into that discussion today. It is very easy to close East West Bank account.
Before you close the account you should first make sure you have an alternative bank account. This is important because you will need an account to use. And once the bank starts the process to close the account, you can not use it in any way.
So choose a good bank for you that is operating in the United States and America and open an account with it. If you are not sure about your next bank. Then I recommend you read one of my articles in which I have mentioned 9 questions you should ask the bank before opening the account.
Based on the answers you receive from the bank, you will be able to decide if you should go with the bank or no. The next thing is there should be no negative balance or dues pending in your account. In case if you have any then you should first clear all of those and then start the process.
This guide is for those people who hold an individual account with the East West Bank. But in case if you have a joint bank account then you should refer to this linked guide. What happens in the case of a joint bank account is all the account holders need to provide their consent to the bank.
About East West Bank
|Parent Organization||East West Bancorp.|
|Number of Locations||120+|
|Number of Employees (2018)||3,200|
Steps to Close East West Bank Account
I did not find any online method to close East West Bank account on the official website of the bank. So I have explained an offline method below which can be followed by you.
- Locate the nearest branch of East West Bank near you.
- Collect your passbook, identity proof document, debit cards, and unused cheques with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk of the branch and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close the account.
- Provide your name and bank account number to the officials to help them locate your account.
- Once the account is located show your identity proof document to the officials to verify your account ownership.
- Bring down your bank account balance to zero.
- Collect and account closure form, fill it, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can get in touch with the bank by calling them and also by messaging them on their official social media profiles. I have provided the details below.
- Official Website: www.eastwestbank.com
- Phone Number: 888 895 5650
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/eastwestbank.us/
This is how you can close your East West Bank account. For more information, you can contact the bank using the contact information mentioned above. But keep in mind that you should never share your sensitive account information with anyone.