If you have decided to close your bank account. Then with the help of this guide, you will learn how you can close Eagle Bank account.
Before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. You will have to prepare your account to be closed by the bank.
First of all, you will have to check your account balance. You have to make sure that there are no pending dues and negative balances in your account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close your account until you clear all the dues.
Secondly, you will have to take care of your automatic payments and the direct deposits that are running on your account. Because once your account is closed all your payments and deposits will start failing.
You can set up your payments with your alternative bank account. By doing this you can ensure that all your payments and deposits are running even after your account is closed.
Steps to Close Eagle Bank Account
This guide can be followed by you if you want to close an individual account. But in case you hold a joint account then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Eagle Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign, and submit the form to the bank officials.
Also, keep in mind that if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.