Sometimes it happens we decide to close the bank account we have. And there can be a number of reasons behind this decision. No matter what is your reason I will help you out with the steps that you need to follow to close Community Bank N.A account.
Before even begin the process the first thing you should take care of is. There should be no negative balance or dues pending in your account. If you have any then the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues. So check your balance and if you need help then you can contact the bank for that.
The other thing is you should have an alternative bank account ready with you. Because the bank takes your request to close the account. You can not use it in any way. Having an alternative bank account ensures a smooth transition from an old account to a new account. And also makes sure that you don’t lose access to banking.
Once your account is closed the automatic payments and the direct deposits will start failing. So before you close the account you have to set up all the payments from your alternative account. And keep in mind that this is completely your responsibility and not of Community Bank N.A.
Steps to Close Community Bank N.A Account
There is no online method that you can follow to close the account. So you will have to follow the offline method only. The steps explained below are for the people who hold an individual account with the bank. In case if you hold a joint bank account then refer to this guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Community Bank N.A near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and any identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk and tell them that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask you to provide your name, account number, and to verify your identity.
- Provide the requested information and show your identity proof document to verify your identity as the owner of the account.
- Check your bank account balance and bring it down to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form from the helpdesk.
- Fill the form with all the required details, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to reach the bank and get some more information. Then you can do that using the official website of the bank, by calling customer care. And you can also message the support team on the bank’s official social media profiles.
- Official Website: cbna.com
- Phone Number: 1-866-764-8638
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/communitybankna
The process is really simple but you will have to visit the branch of the bank for one last time. And do keep in mind that you will have to pay the account closing charges if you are closing the account too early after opening it.