If you don’t want to use any bank account then you have full freedom to close it. But there is a proper process that you have to follow. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Carver Federal Savings Bank account.
This bank is normally known as Carver Bank as well. Before you can approach the bank and ask it to close your account. There are two things which should be taken care of by you.
The first thing is you will have to check your account balance. And if you have any negative balance or pending dues in the account. Then you will have to clear those.
The second thing is you need to take care of all your automatic payments and direct deposits. Because once your account is closed by the bank. All your payments will start failing.
You can move all your payments to your alternative bank account. By doing this you can make sure that all your payments are running without any issues.
If you have an alternative account with you then that is fine. But in case if you don’t have. Then I highly recommend you to get a new account opened before you close your existing account.
And I do not recommend you close the account online. That is because if there are any complications with your account. Then your closure request will be rejected by the bank. So follow the offline method explained below.
Steps to Close Carver Federal Savings Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in case if hold a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Carver Federal Savings Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, bank account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details to the officials and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how you can close your account. But also need to keep in mind that if you are closing your account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.