People open the bank account and also close the account this cycle goes on. If we sit and start counting the reasons why people close the account. We will get simply too many reasons, but today we are not going to discuss it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Carter Bank & Trust Account.
Steps to Close Carter Bank & Trust Account
There is no online method to close your account, so you will have to follow the offline method that is explained below. The steps mentioned below can be followed by the people who hold an individual account with the bank. In case you hold a joint bank account then refer to this linked guide.
- Make arrangements for your alternative bank account.
- Check your account balance for any pending dues or negative balance.
- Clear the dues if any and bring down your bank account balance to zero.
- Locate the nearest branch or location of the Carter Bank & Trust account.
- Take your identity proof document, passbook, unused cheques, and debit cards.
- Visit the branch and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- Provide your name and bank account number to the officials.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
If you already have an account with another bank. Then there is no need of opening a new one. But if you don’t have then I highly recommend you to open one before closing the existing account. There are so many banks operating in the United States. Choose the bank you feel is the right one for you and get the account opened. If you need help in choosing the bank. Then read my list of questions you should ask your new bank before opening the account.
How to Contact the Bank?
For more information about the account closing procedure, you can contact the bank directly. You can reach the bank by calling customer care, using the official website. And also message the bank’s support team on the official social media profile of the bank.
- Official Website: www.cbtcares.com
- Phone Number: 833.275.2228
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/carterbankandtrust
- Twitter: twitter.com/carter_bank
This is how you can close your bank account. But before you close it make sure you cancel all the automatic payments. And also take care of your direct deposits route those to your new or alternative bank account. If you are closing your account too early after opening it. Then the bank will charge you account closing fees. This fee depends upon the type of account you have, the time when you are closing it, etc. So I recommend you to directly reach the bank and ask them if you have to pay anything or no.