If you have decided to close your account then you are allowed to do it. The bank can not stop you from doing it if you are following the proper steps and fulfill the requirements. Today I will tell you the steps you need to follow to close Cadence Bank account.
The customers have full freedom to switch banks but it is not recommended to have multiple unused bank accounts. So you should consider closing the ones you are not using anymore. But you should also make sure that you have an alternative bank account before you close the one you have with Cadence Bank.
If you have one with another bank then you are good to go. But in case you don’t then choose a good bank operating in the USA. And get your account opened with it. If you are still undecided about your next bank. Then you can refer to one of my articles. In which I have listed some questions you should ask the bank before opening the account.
There are two important things you should take into consideration. The first one is there should be no negative balance in your account. In case you have any then you should make your balance zero before you contact the bank to close your account.
The second thing is only the account holder is authorized or has the authority to close the account. So make sure you personally get in touch with the bank. And don’t send anyone from your friends to family. This guide works if you hold an individual account, in case you have a joint bank account then refer to this linked guide.
About Cadence Bank
|Headquarters||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Number of Employees (2018)||1,800|
Steps to Close Cadence Bank Account
I did not find any online method to close your account. And that is the reason why I have explained an offline method below. Follow the instructions given below.
- Locate the nearest branch of Cadence Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, identity proof document, debit cards, and unused cheques with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- Provide your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Ask the officials if you should surrender your unused cheques and debit cards. (surrender if required)
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form correctly, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can get in touch with the bank using their official website, by calling the bank, and by messaging on their official social media profile.
- Official Website: cadencebank.com
- Phone Number: 800-636-7622
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/CadenceBank
- Twitter: twitter.com/Cadencebank
This is how you can close your Cadence Bank account offline by visiting the branch. The bank may or may not charge you for the closure. It totally depends upon the type of account you hold with the bank and other aspects. So I recommend you to contact the bank itself for the most accurate information about it.