If we spend our time listing out the reasons to close a bank account. Then we will endup getting too many. Previously I have published an article which lists out some such reasons. If you wish you can read that article. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close BOK Financial Bank account.
The process is really very simple you can get the account closed very easily. So to start with the first thing you need to do is make sure you don’t have pending dues or negative balance in your account. If in case you have any then take steps to clear all those dues.
I am telling you this because BOK Financial will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues. This is not the case of BOK Financial only but almost all the banks follow this protocol. If you need help to understand the reason behind the negative balance or dues in your account. Then you can contact the bank directly.
Banking is a really important part of our daily life. And that is why we can not afford to lose access to the banking system. So I recommend you make sure that you have an alternative bank account with you before closing the existing account with the bank.
This will help you out with the smooth transition from your old bank account to the new account. At the same time, this will also ensure that you don’t lose access to the banking system. Before starting the process you have to set up all the automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account.
About BOK Financial
|Headquarters||Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States|
|Number of Employees||4,000+|
Steps to Close BOK Financial Bank Account
The bank does not allow you to close the account online. You will have to follow the offline method only. The steps mentioned below can be followed by the people who hold an individual account with the bank. So in case if you hold a joint bank account then follow this linked article.
- Locate the nearest branch of BOK Financial Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and any identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number to find your account.
- Provide the requested information to the officials.
- Check your bank account balance and make it zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form with all the required details, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can reach the support team of the bank for more information. The support team is available on the official website, on the phone call, and also on the official social media profile of the bank.
- Official Website: www.bokfinancial.com
- Phone Number: (844) 517-3308
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/BOKFinancial
- Twitter: twitter.com/BOKFinancial
I can understand if you are not comfortable visiting the branch of the bank to close the account. But one last visit to the branch can help you get the things done so go ahead. If you are facing any difficulties then the bank officials at the branch will help you out.